Views:

27. Drinks

Wine. I was 37 when I started drinking wine (and alcohol in general as well). Main reason was that I thought I did not like wine. In fact, I did not like BAD wine and could not understand, why would anyone drink that. I just did not have access to any good wine while living in communist Czechoslovakia. Everything changed once I tasted my first good wine. I still remember it, it was Australian Wolf Blass Black Label Cabernet Sauvignon. These days I really appreciate, like and drink wine. It's good. Basically, drinking in general is not too bad.
["...Mě to nechutná, já su jenom hrozně rád vožralej…" František Navrátil, Gustav Brom Big Band's alto sax player]

(BYO) 2002 Volnay 1er Cru Les Angles
Duryea's Lobster Deck, Montauk, Long Island, NY 
Chamomile Grappa
Bottega, Yountville, Napa, CA
Corton Grand Cru 'Les Marechaudes ' Domaine Chandon de Briailles 2006
 WD 50, Lower East Side, NYC
Incredible cocktails (two of quite a few) made by mixologist extraordinaire Shigefumi Kabashima
 and some crazy silky tofu with wasabi salt
Angel's Share, East Village, NYC
Oregano tea - very tasty and extremely helpful after a heavy lunch. In less than 3 hours I was hungry again.
Somewhere in Turkey. I ate so much I couldn't remember anything.
I used to have a real wine cellar in my house in Canada. In NYC, it's down to a fridge.
I also keep an emergency stash of spirits for late nights, winter days and good companions


No comments:

Post a Comment